As a follow-up of my previous post, I generated a Seam 2.1.2 project via seamgen and tried to make it work in the maven structure I made earlier.
The biggest problem was with the config files and have richfaces properly working. But I managed and the tar of the project is here.
The files I had to change where persistence.xml, pages.xml, web/pom.xml, web.xml and components.xml.
Now download it, unpack, copy your Java classes and webapp generated by seamgen where they belong, run "mvn clean install package" and you should be able to deploy the .ear file without any problems (given that you have the corresponding *ds.xml file)